Saturday, March 7, 2009

Good Times!

It seems like I don't even think about this blog anymore....I was hoping to update at least once a month...maybe I have done that...I am not sure. Thanks to Cousin Shari for the reminder to get on here.
Hopefully winter is wrapping up. It seems that in Minnesota, spring teases you. You will have a couple of nice days and then WHAMMO! a blizzard hits that gives you yet another snow day off of school! I guess it's ok though. A day off here and there never hurt anyone, and Todd keeps reminding me that winter WILL end.

A little sooner for Teddy who is enjoying the Florida sunshine as I write this. He is visiting his grandparents in Florida this week. He went to Universal Florida-Islands of Adventure the other day and rated it a 30 on a scale of 1-10. He went to Busch Gardens yesterday and rated it a 40 on a scale of 1-10. Sounds fun huh? I don't know what he will do today.

He wrapped up his hockey season with a great record. I think it was 18-5-1 or something like that. He scored more and more as the season went on and I think improved immensely over the course of the season. He is going to play in a summer league (much to mom's chagrin). He just can't get enough of it.

Hank is plugging away at guitar. It is SO much fun to hear him improve from week to week. He has an awesome teacher who is very nontraditional. He does not use books and teaches him songs that Hank wants to learn like "Salvation is Here" by Hillsong United. I hope Hank will stick with it. It is fun to watch my kids develop their own talents and not compete with one another.

1st grade teaching is awesome. I think 7 year olds are the coolest kids. They are so eager to learn and SO FUNNY!! We were reading a book yesterday "Skippy Jon Jones" that one of my students brought in. Let me tell you...if you haven't read it, you should! It cracked me up so bad that I couldn't even keep reading. I just sat there and laughed until I had tears running down my face. The students of course thought that was funnier than the book and we all just sat and had a giggle session. What a relief from a week full of stressful testing! I am so thankful for laughter. It does the heart good.

Todd is doing good at his new job too. He stays VERY busy, but never brings it home if you know what I mean. He is quite amazing if you ask me.

That's about it...I will add some pics for your viewing enjoyment. God Bless!

1 comment:

shari said...

Yeeah! I'm so proud of you. Thanks for catching us up on all the happenin's there. Love you!