Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mrs. Ahrenholz

I can't believe it! I am a teacher. Something I dreamed about my whole life and now I am actually doing it. It's better than I thought it would be. I have this amazing class of first graders who love Jesus. The cool thing is...we get to talk about it! I've already cried tears of joy twice during morning prayer because I just can't believe how awesome it all is. I know...I sound like I'm gushing...I guess I am, but I just feel SO BLESSED! God is so good...so faithful...and so amazing. His timing is perfect and I am grateful.


In one week, my classroom went from bare to colorful and fun. I will post a picture on here of that. The other picture is of our first science experiment. I was demonstrating air and force using balloons. When I let it go, they all went crazy. They went even more crazy when I gave them each a balloon and told them to try it themselves. It was so much fun. Thank you to my new friend (and fellow teacher) Stacy for taking the picture.


I'm sure a lot of my posts will be about my students and my new role as teacher. It's just all I think about right now. Well...that and hockey...and guitar lessons...and dinner....and dates (occasionally)...and....well, life is crazy!


4 comments:

FrogMama said...

How exciting, Nici! Kids are great and their enthusiasm is contagious :) I'm excited for you and this new adventure!

Mandy said...

Yeah! Keep the post coming...I am thrilled for you. What a gift!
Lovin ya,
Mandy

shari said...

You now have a new follower. Your cousin in Maryland! I love checking everyone's blog so keep the info coming! :)

shari said...

Just checkin' in to see if anything new is happening! :)