I woke up this morning to see my husband off to work, poured myself a cup of coffee, visited with my son for awhile, and had time to think...."What should I do now?" Sounds like heaven huh? It's summer in the Ahrenholz house, and while my TO DO list is a mile long, I have totally enjoyed taking each moment as it comes for these last few days.
Our last day of school was last Thursday which is about 2 weeks earlier than Willmar gets out. We've been busy since then just trying to get the house put back into shape, exercising, devotions each morning, shopping, etc. Yesterday, I took the boys to the field day at their old school. They loved it. It seemed like they were celebrities when they walked in; everyone screaming their name from across the field. It was great. They both miss their friends from Kennedy, but both are so happy at their new school that it doesn't matter much. It made me commit to doing better at fostering those old friend ships this summer.
Our plans for the summer?? Teddy is playing baseball for Prinsburg and hockey for Willmar so that will keep us busy. He had to give up BMX while he does baseball, but will pick it up again at the end of the summer. Hank will continue guitar lessons through the summer. He loves his teacher and is gaining ground. I plan to pick up running again, work on odd projects around the house and spend every afternoon PLAYING with my boys. This is when the job of a teacher really pays off! Hooray!
Hey...I'm needing a catchy title for this blog. Send me your ideas please! If I choose yours, I'll give you credit (somehow)! Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment