I am realizing that I am prone to addiction. I don't really like admitting that, but I am. I tried to take care of my addiction to nail biting (gross I know...) today by getting acrylic nails put on. I only have 6 weeks of having them, so I am hoping it will work.
My latest addiction? EBAY! Oh my goodness...I find something I want and then watch eBay continuously...watching bidding trends...prices....deals.....I can't stop! Last night as I was looking once again at an item I am badly wanting, I asked my husband what my chances were of actually being able to bid on one. I was getting worried that I was doing all this obsessing for nothing. Unfortunately, I didn't get a straight answer, so I guess I will just keep going. It is amazing...all the deals you can find when you start looking. I have a friend who has made a living at it with her husband. I'm not going to go there...I just LOVE LOOKING!
Thankfully, I am also addicted to good things....teaching, my family, and marveling at how great God is. I just can't quit doing those things and quite honestly, I don't want to stop. I love to look for God's goodness in everyday things and then point it out to those around me. Like when I get to the train track when I am running late right as the train is clearing the intersection. I believe that is a God thing. Or when I drive past the lake on a clear morning and hear my children react to the beautiful sunrise and we decide to take the long way to school just so we can see it longer. I love being addicted to good things. I hope I am never cured of that!
No comments:
Post a Comment