The boys started school in September and both of them got amazing teachers. They both do well in school and think it is fun having me around this year. I have been VERY busy subbing. I have worked almost everyday since I returned home from vacation with Kylie and have found that I really like the intermediate grades best. Right now I am doing a 5 day sub for a teacher that was on my team last spring when I student taught.
Sometimes I wonder if I am really cut out for teaching as my heart gets broken daily. All I want to do is hug these kids and tell them that when the world seems to give up on them, I won't...because God won't. You wouldn't believe the lives many of these kids must live. They go home to abusive, drug using parents and then they are supposed to care about whether they get their homework done or not? I pray that when I get my own classroom that God will give me the wisdom to know how to support and love on these children without going against any school rules or policies. I just want to make a difference and sometimes hope that I will make a bigger difference in their heart than on their brain!
In September, Kylie and I went on a cruise. We flew to San Diego and then cruised to Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada. I love to think about our trip as it was amazing in so many ways. We enjoyed each other so much. I don't really know anyone else who would be as goofy as me in public, but Ky will. She is a total nut. If you don't know her, she is not really a blond. The picture you see is her dressed as Britney Spears because she did a show in the lounge in front of...oh I don't know... A THOUSAND PEOPLE! It was crazy awesome! Thanks Ky...it was a great time.

In October, Todd ran yet another marathon. My mom got to come up for it, but was the smart one of the bunch to stay in the car and not stand out in the rain. Todd ran 8 or 9 miles of the 26.2 in the pouring rain. Despite that, he finished in an amazing time of 3 hours and 49 minutes. WOW!!! If you have never had a chance to watch a marathon in person, I would highly recommend it. It is truly inspiring. I am hoping that he will take a year off and spend some time running some "short" races. Maybe some 1/2 marathons. I will stick with my 5ks and hope to run a 10k next year. (6.2 miles)
Todd is hunting in Montana this weekend and shot his antelope very quickly. He doesn't have any deer tag, so I don't know if he will head home early or just enjoy the rest of his trip.That's about it...I will try to post more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment