If you have asked me lately how my summer has been, most likely you heard me reply, "The best on EVER!" I mean it. I have totally enjoyed this summer. Maybe it's because I don't have my nose buried in a book, maybe it is because the boys have been a blast, or because as a family, we have just really enjoyed each other. I don't know...but what I do know is that I am very sad that it is coming to an end.
In June, we went to Duluth with Todd's parents to watch Todd run the marathon. I participated in a 5k race during the weekend, and the boys had a ball just getting in on all the action. Teddy went to his first year of church camp and also attended a hockey camp here in town.
We spent the 4th of July with Todd's family at the lake like we always do. I can't imagine being anywhere else on that day. We all attended Sonshine festival again this year. The boys waited in line for more than an hour to get Tobymac's autograph, then we got the highlight of our weekend when we got to watch Toby's concert with the lead singer from Hawk Nelson sharing our blanket with us. Of course, I didn't have my camera, but the next day (after Hank got his new bunny) he was sporting a faux hawk just like Jason. (The lead singer.)

At the end of July, we all participated in VBS at our church which is a huge event with over 600 kids attending. We all love being involved with that. I love watching my church family come together in such an amazing way to reach so many kids.

August brought Teddy to his first triathlon. He did amazing coming in 2nd in his age division. I was so proud of him. He definitely thought it was much more difficult than he expected. Todd and I were able to attend a few weddings and I took the boys to Nebraska to visit my family. I couldn't have picked a better weekend as I caught my brother redhanded when he got married in secret! I couldn't be more thrilled about my new sister-in-law Lisa. She is awesome. A childhood friend of my family's. It is so cool how God works things out. 

In August, Todd also ran the Green Lake Road Race...12 miles around Green Lake and traveled to Sturgis with his dad.

We spend most every day at either a pool or a lake so we all have nice tans. I got to read novels instead of text books. Todd and I got to go on many dates. So...as you can tell...it has been a blast. I can't wait for next summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment