Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hallelujah!




Wow! Thank you to my dear friend Laura who reminded me that I even have a blog. I haven't written for so long. I know that many people in my life wonder if I am still alive. I will tell you that YES, I am still alive and about to re-enter the land of the living. I survived Student Teaching thanks to the support of my family (Todd especially) and my friends. It seems like everyone stepped up and did something. Todd of course...ran the household, my parents came up a couple of times just to help me get caught up, Todd's parents helped from a distance, my friends prayed for me and were always there in a pinch when I needed help with the boys. Some of you even acted as my own personal taxi service. For that I say "Thank You!"


I can't believe that I am at the end of this journey. I have been studying all week and on Satruday, I will take (and hopefully pass) my Praxis test. That is like my "board" test. Once I do that, I will be 100%, officially DONE! I will 'walk the line' on May 17th in front of my family. I just can't believe it. The other day I was so overcome with Thankfulness, all I could do was cry. I feel like God has given me a great gift of being able to finish my education. I can't wait to give it back to Him and shine in a dark world. I really feel like God called me during my student teaching to be in a public school. I have already had my faith challenged in this calling 2 times, but I have to stand firm and rely on His promises to see us through. Willmar and the surrounding schools are looking at MAJOR budget cuts, so it doesn't look like there will be openings in the public schools (2 Christian schools have openings), so I will be patient and wait. I just have to know that if I didn't do the right thing, that God will "fix" my mistake. I don't want anything more than to do His will.


I am posting a couple of pictures from my student teaching experience. The one with the funny hat is from a food drive that I did with my class. I challenged them to bring in 100 food donations for the 100th day of school. In return, I would wear that obnoxious hat for a whole day every time I left the room. They rose to the challenge bringing in a total of 108 items, so I paraded through the halls of Kennedy in my bright yellow food hat. The kids would say..."That's right people...Point and laugh...Point and laugh..." And they DID! It was great. One time I had to run to the bathroom and they said..."Don't forget to wear your hat!!!"


The other pictures are of my 4th graders at Kennedy and my Pre-school class at Washington. I miss them so much. They were amazing kids.


I can't wait to see what God has in store for me!

No comments: