Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Marathon Mania 2




Summer is finally here which means a trip to Duluth to support Todd in Grandma's marathon. He did amazing! 3 hours 43 minutes. Thats great when you consider that the "average" marathon runner finishes around the 4 hour 30 minute mark. It was a beautiful day. I think Todd would have perferred it be a little cooler, but as a spectator, it was perfect. We took Todd's parents and the boys with us this year which was fun, but didn't have our friends along this year. That was a bummer. I decided to get in on the fun and ran the William A. Irvin 5K. I won't tell you my time, but I will say that I did better than my 5K last year. I finished without stopping and was far from the end of the pack. That was encouraging! Todd is up for another one in October...the Twin Cities Marathon. We all think he is a little crazy, and I think he would agree. I have to say...if you have never seen a marathon before, you should go. It is a motivating experience!

We are enjoying the lazy days of summer. Teddy hasn't had time to relax much between hockey camp and church camp. He only has a few more days of that and then he will be ready for some lake and pool time. Hank and I took a trip to Nebraska to visit my family for a week while Teddy was at camp. We had such a nice time. The best part was deciding at the last minute to stay a couple extra days. I have been SO committed over the last 3 years, that I haven't had the freedom to do that. It was great.

No comments: